Team Lead/Broker GRI/AuctioneerEmail Me
Since our MLS started recognizing top teams, we have been the #1 Team in Franklin and Carolina Smokies MLS for four years (2018 - 2021) as well as #1 individual agent for 2021.
Having started in Real Estate Business here in Western North Carolina in my early 20’s and now having over 40 years of experience, I have sold thousands of acres, hundreds of homes and more than a few commercial properties. I have also conducted hundreds of successful Real Estate Auctions.
I am a lifelong resident of Franklin, North Carolina and served for 2 terms in the NC General Assembly as a State Representative.
My goal has always been (and continues to be) to ensure that Franklin and Macon County remains a safe and secure haven for those seeking a place of comfort, peace and refuge. I continue to be involved, so as to maintain our community's traditional mountain values, freedoms and property rights.
Should you ever need my help, my pledge to you is that no one will be more straightforward, diligent, honest or professional than me and my team.
I hope the following resume gives you a bit of insight about myself and our continued involvement in our community. Thank you for your time, and if I may be of personal assistance, please let me know.
REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE
• Extensive experience in real estate brokerage, sales, development and real estate auction marketing.
• Broker at RE/MAX Elite Realty & Marty Kimsey Team 2015-Present
• Licensed North Carolina Real Estate Broker 1979-Present
• Owned/Operated top producing RE/MAX offices from 1998-2009
• Co-Owned Top 100 (U.S.) RE/MAX offices from 1998-2009
• Owned/Operated Kimsey Grading Company 1996-2007
• Owned/Operated ERA Franchise & held #1 market share 1983-1988
• Founded Kimsey & Company Realtors in 1982
• Developed 1,ooos of acres of residential properties in Western North Carolina. Including Nantahala Power & Light Properties, Bud Brown Farms, Gold City Estates, Stone Creek Crossing, Westwood Estates and many more.
REAL ESTATE AUCTION EXPERIENCE
• Originated and organized the conduct of numerous major real estate auctions, including the two largest land auctions in recent Western North Carolina history, and one of the largest land & condominium auctions in the history of North Georgia at Sky Valley Resort.
• Organized and promoted real estate auctions of many various types in Western North Carolina, North Georgia and East Tennessee
• Founded Kimsey Realty & Auction 2008-Present
• Regional Vice President with Carolina Auction Team 1989-2007
• Affiliated with Carolina Auction Team, 1986-1989
• Licensed North Carolina Auctioneer
PROFESSIONAL DISTINCTIONS & COMMUNITY SERVICE
• RE/MAX Diamond Award
• # 1 Agent 2021
• RE/MAX Chairman's Club Award 2018
• #1 Team for Carolina Smokies MLS 2018 - 2021
• #1 Vacant Land Sales Agent 2018 -2019
• RE/MAX Hall of Fame
• RE/MAX Platinum Club
• Realtor Hall of Fame, Franklin Board of Realtors, 2013
• Member Local North Carolina Asssociation of Realtors 1980-Present
• RE/MAX 100 Percent Club Awards
• Qualified as Expert Witness in Federal and State Counts on Real Property Values
• Member Advantage West Board (Regional Economic Development) 1995-1997
• Elected to North Carolina House of Representatives, (R) 54rd District, 1989-1992
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
• RE/MAX Broker/Owner Certification
• Graduate North Carolina REALTORS Institute (GRI)
• Completed North Georgia School of Auctioneering
• Completed Numerous Real Estate Marketing, Management, Sales & Appraisal Courses
• Attended Western Carolina University
• Attended Southwestern Community College
• Attended Hiawassee Junior College 1977-1978
• Graduate Franklin High School, 1976