Thank you for inquiring about The Marty Kimsey Team and Franklin, North Carolina. I hope the following resume' gives you a bit of insight about myself and my interest in our community.
For over 30 years, I have been in the Real Estate Business here in Western North Carolina, during which time I have sold thousands of acres, hundreds of homes and more than a few commercial properties.
I am a lifelong resident of Franklin, North Carolina and served for 2 terms in the NC General Assembly as a State Representative.
My goal has always been to ensure that Franklin and Macon County remains a safe and secure haven for those seeking a place of comfort, peace and refuge. I continue to be involved so as to maintain our community's traditional mountain values, freedoms and property rights.
Should you ever need my help, my pledge to you is that no one will be more straightforward, diligent, honest or professional than me and my team.
Thank you for your time, and if I may be of personal assistance please let me know.
REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience in real estate brokerage, sales, development and real estate auction marketing.
- Presently owns and operates Marty Kimsey Real Estate and Kimsey Auction Team
- Broker with RE/MAX Around The Mountains 2011-2012
- Licensed North Carolina Real Estate Broker 1979 to present
- Owned and operated top producing RE/MAX offices from 1998-2009
- Co-Owned Top 100 USA RE/MAX Team 2004-2006
- Owned and operated Kimsey Grading Company 1996-2007
- Owned and operated ERA Franchise & held #1 market share 1983-1988
- Founded Kimsey & Company Realtors in 1982
- Developed and sold thousands of acres of residential and acreage properties in Western North Carolina. Including Nantahala Power & Light Properties, Bud Brown Farms, Gold City Estate, Stone Creek Crossing, Westwood Estates and many more.
REAL ESTATE AUCTION EXPERIENCE
- Founded Kimsey Auction Team 2008
- Associated with Carolina Auction Team, Inc. 1986-2007
- Regional Vice President with Carolina Auction Team 1989-2007
- Originated and organized the conduct of numerous major real estate auctions, including the two largest land auctions in Western North Carolina history, and one of the largest land & condominium auctions in the history of North Georgia at Sky Valley.
- Organized and promoted real estate auctions of many various types in Western North Carolina, North Georgia and East Tennessee.
PROFESSIONAL DISTINCTIONS & COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Member, Franklin Board of REALTORS
- Member, North Carolina Association of REALTORS
- Member Advantage West Board (Regional Economic Development) 1995-1997
- Elected to North Carolina House of Representatives, (R) 53rd District, 1982-1992
- National Federation of Independent Business-Guardian of Small Business Award 1989, 1990, 1991 and 1992.
- Macon County Economic Development Commission, 1986-1989
- State Director, North Carolina Association of REALTORS, 1985-1986
- Macon County Board of Elections, 1985-1986
- Former Director, Franklin, North Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- President, Franklin Board of REALTORS, 1985
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Graduated North Carolina REALTORS Institute (GRI)
- RE/MAX Broker/Owner Certification
- Completed numerous Real Estate Marketing, Management, Sales & Appraisal Courses
- Attended Western Carolina University
- Attended Southwestern Community College
- Attended Hiawassee Junior College, 1977-1978
- Graduate, Franklin High School, 1976